Just enter your Course Name for Assignment and Papers

Monday, March 8, 2010

Difference Between Direct And Indirect Costs

Direct costs:

Those costs that are traced to a specific cost objective like product/service.

Indirect costs:

Those costs that CANNOT be directly traceable to a particular cost objective and incurred for multiple cost objectives.

Can also be called Common Cost.

Salient Point:

Direct costs are ALLOCATED to a specific cost objective but

Indirect costs or common costs are assigned to multiple cost objective BY APPORTIONMENT.

For example : Rental for a premise occupied by several departments is being apportioned on the basis of the relative square meters used

2 comments:

Sara said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Home Appliances Review

joe said...

can i find some other university guide site as well, if so please lemme know..
business cash advance

Post a Comment